Friday, March 4, 2011

Update

After a request was made to update my blog, I now have a moment to reflect on the year. We’ve come to somewhat understand Madison’s needs. What will cause her to over stimulate and how to handle tantrums and provide calm. We’ve learned exercises to increase her strength in her hands and help her balance and rhythm. She has been able to share her diagnosis with her class and also on video. We are participating in our first annual Walk Now for Autism Speaks. Madison and I are excited. Because of her love of dolphins we decided to name our team Madisons’ Pod. If you would like to walk beside us or make a donation to Autism Speaks please copy & paste this link

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.aspievent=447284&supID=320776709

To view the videos below please mute the music player at the bottom of this blog.




Lances’ 10 year contract with Fitness Together ended 1/11/11 and was not renewed. The economy has taken a turn for the worse and it has been in our best interest not to continue. In the interim, he returned to King Soopers.

I am still working at The Children’s Hospital. It is overwhelming to say the least but I am thankful for the employment during these hard times. We moved into our new building this month. It’s very nice however, our new cubicles (I refer to it as my ‘cubby’) has been downsize and everyone has a co-worker to share it with working back to back.

Madison has been in horseback riding lessons and is doing so good. She absolutely loves it.




Of course, Ethan has his hobbies too; motorcycle riding, skateboarding, baseball, golf, etc. For Christmas he entered a contest to win a motorcycle from Fay Myers. Unfortunately, he didn't win but his video was so funny. We finally caught that look that he does with his face and it's priceless (see below).



We've had a stressful year but I hope things have calmed down and I will be able to update my blog monthly. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment