Friday, January 16, 2009

Off to the Races

A friend of ours, Scott, invited Lance and Ethan to participate in the Pinewood Derby race, Open Division class. They didn't have time to make their own this year so Lance took his off the shelf and dusted it off. He made his some 30 years ago. I was thinking to myself, please don't let the wheels fall off when it hits the finish line. Well, they went in and had it weighed and gave it a name; Old Blue #4. Hmmm, that's a strange name I thought, since it's black. My husband swears it's blue. He hasn't accepted the fact that he is color blind and has also convinced Ethan that it is blue, a dark blue. It's such a dark blue I would say that it was, hmmm....black :)

Ethan can't wait to make his car for the next Pinewood Derby race. He wants to build a monster truck and Lance will have to give Old Blue a new name.

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome! so you and lance are going to be den leaders next year?? hahahaha, you should. it's been fun, but very hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the #4...if only it had been green and yellow!! Oh well, I'll brainwash Ethan enough by then!! I can see it now, he'll call it "Packer Backer"!!

    ReplyDelete